Friday, May 16, 2008

I FELL IN LOVE TONIGHT!


...and in true "David Marquez" fashion its something to do with television. About a year ago I found this great series of interviews done by the TV Academy called the Archive of American Television. It's just about everything I've wanted to know about television, its a series of interviews with TV pioneers, everyone from Q Card guys to video tape editors to boom microphone operators to producers to directors to talent! Its amazing! These people are amazing. Just think of the crap they had to go through to make a business out of a glowing box. I was taught by folks just like these because in recent times I have been called "out of date" in my method of production and hell are these new TV people wrong! I know what I was taught was 100% correct...you don't have to switch cameras just 'cause you have 14 cameras, the magic in TV is making that one camera catch you and that is what I try to do! Anyhow, if you find the time please check this out http://tvinterviewsarchive.blogspot.com.

No comments: